Applications are invited for the role of Research Fellow at Meriden. This is a permanent position, hours and load are negotiable.
The Research Fellow is based in the Learning Commons and the Foundry of the Library and Research Centre on the Senior School campus.
In the Learning Commons, the Research Fellow will:
- assist students and staff in resource selection to match curriculum needs
- assist in promoting relevant reference material to staff and students
- research and recommend material to be added to the collection
- assist in planning, implementing and delivering programs and activities in the Learning Commons under the direction of the COLL – Research and Critical Thinking
- assist in the development of online research guides for departments under the direction of the COLL – Research and Critical Thinking
- develop relationships with public libraries to expand the library reference collection and learning capabilities
- support teachers in classrooms to deliver research and critical thinking activities under the guidance of the COLL – Research and Critical Thinking
- teach classes about effective research techniques under the direction of the COLL – Research and Critical Thinking.
In the Foundry, the Research Fellow will:
- deliver interactive and engaging lessons to support the classroom learning needs of students and teachers, in conjunction with the Coordinator of Learning Link - STEM
- liaise with teachers about their curriculum needs and assist in creating relevant activities that can be conducted in the Foundry
- provide support to other COLLS as required, particularly the COLL – STEM and the COLL – Technology and Innovation.
- have relevant qualifications in areas such as teaching or Librarianship
- have excellent digital and technology skills
- be up-to-date with research and referencing skills and strategies
- be approachable, reliable and thorough
- demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- be collegial and able to work generously in a team.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to email their Curriculum Vitae, together with at least two referee nominations, to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Principal, Dr Julie Greenhalgh
Applications close: 25 September 2018
Only Australian citizens, permanent Australian Residents and those holding a valid Australian work visa are eligible for employment.