Applications are invited for the role of Foundry Assistant at Meriden. This is a permanent position.
Reporting to the Research Fellow, the Foundry Assistant will be based in the Foundry and is a member of the Library and Research Centre team. He/she will maintain the Foundry space, support classes and co-curricular groups in the Foundry, and manage sound and lighting in the School’s Wallis Auditorium.
The Foundry Assistant is expected to:
- assist in the provision of opportunities for the girls to carry out project work and research in the Foundry and Learning Commons
- assist the girls with work that requires the use of digital or technological equipment
- maintain the state of the Foundry at a standard in keeping with the Meriden ethos, including the maintenance of machinery
- purchase the necessary equipment for the Foundry in consultation with the Reference Fellow, and maintain it to operate safely and effectively
- develop and implement risk assessments for the Foundry, and for activities conducted there-in
- master the operations of the AV and lighting systems in the Wallis Auditorium and provide these services for Chapel services, Assemblies and other events as required
- assist the Meriden Media Team if required.
The Foundry Assistant will:
- be organised with an eye for detail and safety
- be collegial and collaborative with colleagues
- represent the School at all times, both in and out of the workplace, and on-line and off-line, in a way that is consistent with the School's ethos and values.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to email their Curriculum Vitae, together with at least two referee nominations, to email@example.com addressed to:
The Principal, Dr Julie Greenhalgh
Applications close: 25 September 2018
Only Australian citizens, permanent Australian Residents and those holding a valid Australian work visa are eligible for employment.