Human Resources Manager
Applications are invited for the role of Human Resources Manager at Meriden. This is a full time, permanent position.
The position reports to the Director of Compliance and will work closely with the Principal, Heads and other senior staff.
The Human Resources Manager will:
- Fully embrace and support the Christian ethos of Meriden as an Independent Anglican School
- Have degree level qualifications in human resources management, business management or other related degrees and/or relevant HR experience of 5-10 years
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality related to sensitive employee information
- Be thorough, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Be organised, reliable in follow through and able to prioritise
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to decision-making and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate sound judgement and good discernment
- Be able to empathise with staff in various situations likely to arise in the area of HRM
- Act with discretion at all times
- Have medium to high level computer skills to manage the IT systems related to compliance records and systems
- Promote a positive and joyful working environment and maintain loyalty to Meriden and promote the School positively
- Be willing to be involved with the wider life of the School, including occasional after hours functions as required.
Required Technical Skills
- Be cognisant of and able to administer the full process requirements for the recruitment and selection processes across the School
- Act as a first point of contact for general HR queries
- Have a solid understanding of WHS matters including first aid training for staff, reviewing and implementing WHS policies and procedures, WHS accident/incident reporting and conducting and/or assisting Dean of Staff with WHS induction training
- Provide Enterprise Bargaining Agreement administrative support (bargaining, Fair Work compliance)
- Provide excellent customer service including answering HR related calls and emails.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to email their Curriculum Vitae, together with at least two referee nominations, to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Principal, Dr Julie Greenhalgh
Applications close: 20 September 2018
Only Australian citizens, permanent Australian Residents and those holding a valid Australian work visa are eligible for employment.