Meriden Tennis Academy offers a range of programs that caters for players from first-timers through to Australian ranked players (and every level in between).
The Tennis Academy aims to develop within its players:
- outstanding tennis skills
- physical fitness and stamina
- teamwork skills
- the desire to strive for excellence
- uncompromising values of sportsmanship, commitment and generosity.
While tennis coaching is available to everyone in the local community, priority is given to Meriden students.
Meriden has developed an enviable reputation as Australia's leading school for girls in tennis. Its successes include:
- Winner of the World Schools Tennis Challenge, 2015
- Bronze medallist at the World Schools Tennis Challenge, 2013
- Australian Schools Tennis Champions 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Tildesley Tennis Champions for a record nine consecutive years since 2010
Meriden offers the Olympus Program to its elite sports girls, to help them manage their schooling and the demands of their training.
Elite tennis players who are students in the Senior School at Meriden may be invited to join this program. Olympus tennis players take part in a program that includes specialised training in time management, injury prevention, nutrition and stress management. Additional tennis training is also provided.
Find out more