The Senior School Swimming and Diving Carnival was held last week, and it was pleasing to see a large number of girls in the pool pushing themselves and earning points for their Houses. Presentations and final results will be awarded at Assembly on Monday.
Next week, the Senior School Fun Run and Inter-House Sports Day will be held on Thursday 2 March. This carnival is compulsory for all students in Years 7 to 11 and is voluntary for Year 12 students. The arrangements for this day are as follows:
- Girls are to wear their PE uniform including their House shirt and sports hat.
- Girls are expected at School by the normal time of 8:20am. There will be no sport practice before school.
- Rolls will be taken on Selbourne Lawn in pastoral groups.
- Girls will then be transported by bus to Bressington Park, Homebush.
- Girls will return to Meriden for lunch at the normal time. The Canteen will operate a normal lunch service.
- Inter-House Sports activities will then take place after lunch.
- Normal after school activities will occur, including sport training and music groups.
Lessons will not be held for Year 12 girls. However, most girls will need to complete an English assessment onsite at some time during the day. As such, Year 12 girls may remain at home for part of the day and only come in for their assessment. Girls can use the Library as usual throughout the day.
The Friends of Meriden Sport (FOMS) are holding a bake sale onsite at Bressington Park and are looking for volunteers to help on the day. Donations of cakes and other baked goods would also be greatly appreciated. If you are able to assist, please contact Ms Mimi McLeod by Friday afternoon either by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 0421 991 613.
The first Amadeus Concert will take place on Wednesday 1 March in Wallis Auditorium. Members of the Meriden community are invited to attend this evening of fine music performed by our talented musicians.
Year 9 parents are invited to attend an Information Evening on Thursday 9 March, to learn more about service camps to Southeast Queensland, Cape York and Fiji, due to be held in Term 4.
Vaccinations administered by NSW Health are available onsite at Meriden for Year 7 and Year 10 girls on certain dates throughout the year. The first vaccination day for Year 7 students will be held on Wednesday 22 March. I am pleased to let you know that the enrolment and consent process has moved to an online system, which uses the Service NSW portal. Please see the flyer below for further details. Click here to enrol your daughter by Friday 17 March. Families without a Medicare card will be given a hardcopy form to be completed and returned to the Senior School reception. General information about the program can be found here.