Meriden students have achieved first place in New South Wales in six HSC subjects, claiming more first placings than any other school in the 2022 HSC. Five students achieved this honour, topping the state across a diverse range of subjects.
First placings were awarded to: Lilian Jenkins for Food Technology (equal first); Jacinta Shihata for Spanish Beginners; Eunice Thi for Music 2 (equal first) and Music Extension; Shirley Wang for Science Extension and Maggie Yu for Japanese Beginners.
Eunice was one of only nine students who achieved first place in two of her subjects.
The girls were recognised by the NSW Education Standards Authority this morning at a ceremony held at the University of New South Wales.
Over 65,000 students from around New South Wales completed the HSC this year. To receive the top mark in a subject is an extraordinary achievement.
Meriden teachers, Dr Greenhalgh and the entire School community warmly congratulate these outstanding young women.
2022 HSC Highlights at a Glance
- 14 top-10 placings, including 1st in state in 6 courses
- 3 students awarded highest possible ATAR (99.95)
- 52% of students received an ATAR of 90 or more
- 22 students named as All-Round Achievers
- Mark of 100% achieved in 3 courses
- 360 Distinguished Achievers (Band 6 results)
- ENCORE, Shape and OnSTAGE nominations and selections
- Meriden ranked 17th in the 2022 HSC Schools Ranking*
* Sydney Morning Herald 15.12.2022